Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The End, The Beginning

As you know, I didn't really do NaBloPoMo the way it was intended. I didn't blog every day in November to these random, and honestly not entirely enticing, prompts. But it was a good exercise; it brought me back to this blog that I have been missing for some time. Now that I have been hanging out in the blogosphere and seeing what can be done with blogs, aesthetically and content-wise, I'd like to spend more time here, spruce her up a bit, give her the love and attention she deserves for being my first blog-baby. I just went back a couple years and read some posts from then. I was thick in the midst of an emotional forest and this blog made it a safe and even beautiful hike through. My goal is to have this blog represent all the different parts of ME: the writer, the musician, the yogi, the mother, the wife, the friend. I'm still getting in touch with some of the parts of ME that were buried under external expectations and my own mistaken beliefs. Hopefully this blog will evolve as I do and can continue to be my companion.

As for NaBloPoMo, I learned that if I don't feel like writing to a handed-down prompt, I won't do it. Or I'll do it but it'll be a shoddy job. So, was it a waste of time? Not at all; it was a good lesson. I'm starting to come into my own as someone who can't be forced or feel obligated to do something. If somehow I manage to convince myself that I just need to get it done, it'll end up being less than my best. At the same time, trying something new, even if I kick and scream in protest the whole time, can be an experience worth writing about. I'd like to try NaBloPoMo again next year. I just hope the prompts are more exciting. In the meantime, I'll be looking for other blogging challenges.

Certainly, hanging out more here at The Artist's Loft has been an excellent reminder of what kind of writer I am and what kind of writer I want to be. I still have such a long way to go in shaping that part of ME but the journey is a thrill. Anyway, let's see where this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment