Monday, November 14, 2011

New Rules

OK, so here's the deal. I didn't officially register for National Blog Posting Month, aka NaBloPoMo, only because I missed the deadline to do so! However, I said I would write to each prompt and just sort of "catch up." Yeah, that's not happening. First of all, I'm getting confused. And I'm thinking, there are so many things I have to keep track of, why am I adding something to my list? At the rate I'm going, I'd have to crank out 2 or more blog posts a day to catch up and I don't want to just be spewing out crap for the sake of saying "I did it." So, I'm making up some new rules here, seeing as this is pretty much my own game anyway.

From today, I will blog to the prompt assigned for each corresponding day (no more confusion!) and if I have some spare time I will go back and blog to the ones I missed. Maybe even after the month is over. Sounds good to me. And look what I figured out how to do...I don't need to re-type each prompt!



Yes, I have faced fears before; in fact, I feel like I do that on a regular basis. I fear looking like an idiot, yet I push past that pretty much every time I post a blog, both here and on Let ME Out! But probably my biggest fear is that I am going to get to the end of my life and wish I had done things differently. That would suck. There are a few things in my past that I sometimes look back on and think, I wonder what would have happened if I had done X instead of Y. But overall, I'm happy with where I am in my life at this point and know that all the events of my life including the outcomes of my decisions, have led me here. That's kind of oversimplifying things, but the prompt isn't asking me to divulge my regrets and how I've come to terms with some of them to the extent that I have. Lucky for you!

Still - there is room for error. I can't say I've overcome this fear of screwing things up/missing an opportunity/growing into a big ball of regret, but I am learning to accept the imperfection that is being human. And hopefully, when I'm letting go of this life in a warm bed at some point in my 90s, looking forward to going Home and having a good rest, there won't be anything major holding me back. Hopefully by that time, all that I would have needed to make peace with will be dealt with.

Facing fears is an active process and for me a daily process but it can be the fuel for a happier, fuller existence, especially if your biggest fear is settling for less.

No comments:

Post a Comment