Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Song That Takes Me Back



As I've mentioned in a previous post, almost every song I've ever heard will remind me of someone, some place, something and take me right back there. That's why I can't listen to music and write. I'll write about one of those songs now.

When You Say Nothing At All by Alison Krauss is the song my husband and I cut our wedding cake to and also a song we have been known to belt out while driving in the car (a cappella, no less). We even karaoked to this gorgeous number at a local pub - not so gorgeous, both the pub and our singing. But we love it! It makes us smile, especially if we nail the harmony. It's so much fun to be able to let loose like that and just enjoy the act of singing; it makes a road trip that much more fun. Even if we are just going to the store. We sing a lot of songs together, even ones we don't really know the words to. But this song is our favourite and it just so happens we do know most of the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment