Monday, November 7, 2011

Committing To Writing For Me

I started this blogging journey just over 2.5 years ago, at a very significant time in my life. Significant for many reasons. Since then my life has changed drastically and I have moved forward on many levels; I am also a lot more aware of where my challenges lie and of the work I have yet to do. It's all good stuff.
This past summer I started a new career path as a creative life coach, bringing to it all of the experiences I have learned from - scrapes, bruises, cuts and all. This new path has opened up doors for me and most importantly has renewed my commitment to my Self on a whole new level.
And so, further to that commitment, I am going to be showing up here a lot more often! This is where it began, this is the blog that fueled me, fortified me and reminded me of who I was. And now I'm going to have fun with it...starting with participating in NaBloPoMo, at least on an unofficial level since I missed the deadline to register! Oops...next time! For now, I will write to the prompts provided and just enjoy my writing practice, something I've been missing in the last little while.

NaBloPoMo's Prompt for Tuesday November 1st: What is your favourite part about writing?

My favourite part about writing is that it makes me feel like I'm a real live person. I am more than the thoughts in my head - I am a person that houses nouns, verb, adjectives and everything else that spills from the tips of my fingers as they fly across these keys. Writing is my best friend, my security blanket, my launching pad, my platform. When I write, I am 10 years old starting my first journal and I am 100 years old at the same time. What I love about writing is I can say things like that and it feels right to me, and when someone comes along and reads it and goes, "Hey, I get that. I feel that way, too."...well, that's the magic of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment