Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My Last Supper

NaBloPoMo's Writing Prompt for Wednesday November 2: If you knew that whatever you ate next would be your last meal, what would it be?


For appetizers, I would have some crispy, well-seasoned calamari with some rich tzatziki sauce. My all-time favourite appy. Oh wait, I just remembered jalapeno poppers. Ooey, gooey mozzarella cheese laced with jalapeno slices in a deep-fried stick of yumminess. Ok, I'll have some of those too! These appetizers would remind me of the deep-fried snacks I grew up on and still enjoy on special occasions. Like when they are in front of my face.

The main meal would be my husband's chicken curry because he makes it with such pride - he's so careful to slice the onions just so and to add the spices at just the right time. It speaks to the way he does pretty much everything in life and one of the many reasons I think he's so awesome. I'm not just saying that because he's going to read this! (Another reason why he is so awesome is that he reads every single post I write here and on Let ME Out!!) And seeing as it would be my last meal, I'm sure my grandma would do me the honour of preparing me her bhiryani - unbeatable. Oh shoot, can I go back to appetizers? She also makes this incredible savoury crepe known as thikka chilla. Oh so good. Throw those in too!

Dessert would be light-ish. Ok, not really. I'd ask my dad for his pera - a sweet cardamom-infused ball of dairy and sugar. Very labour-intensive but I know he'd do it with love, pressing slivered pistachios on to each triangle shape. And then I'd sit with a hot cup of masala chai, steeped and sweetened to perfection.

Gosh, a meal like that would surely be my last but what a way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment