Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pen Or Computer? It's A Little More Complicated Than That.

Dear Subscribers: Please forgive the influx of email right now - I'm just trying to catch up with the daily prompts presented by NaBloPoMo. Even though I'm not officially registered, I still want to make the effort to write to each prompt and I think they all deserve their own posts. I promise the emails will slow down shortly!

NaBloPoMo's Prompt for Friday November 4: When you are writing, do you prefer pen and paper or computer?

For the most part, I prefer the computer for the simple physiological reason that my fingers can type fast enough to keep up with my thoughts and they don't cramp up! So for blog posting, and all work-related writing I definitely go to the computer. If I'm brainstorming ideas or coming up with an outline for something like a workshop or an advertisement then I'll likely pull out a notebook and hunker down on the couch or something. Journalling is always done with pen; there's something a little more private about pen and paper. The only trouble is when I free write in my journal or really get going about something, I may have a tougher time re-reading it. My penmanship has deteriorated considerably since I have come to rely mostly on the computer for written communication. So I literally go back and re-write neatly above illegible words right away so that when I pull out my journal next I have an idea of what I was trying to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment